Culture

All about Canadian culture, from people and language to food, drink, books, music, and film

Daily Life

From health care and education, to local eating and shopping, to festivals and things to do, get the scoop on life in Canada

Housing, Jobs, & Money

Finding a home, working, saving, and investing in Canada – here’s how

Immigration

What you need to know to live in, work in, or immigrate to Canada. Citizenship information, too.

Travel

Travel ideas and tips for visiting, touring, and deciding where to live in Canada.

Home » Immigration

Moving to Canada in 2011?

Submitted by on January 3, 2011 – 9:57 am9 Comments

Moving to CanadaWhat’s on your list of New Year’s res­o­lu­tions this year?

Is “Move to Canada” at the top of your list?

If you’ve been think­ing about relo­cat­ing to Canada, you’ve come to the right place.

We’ve got infor­ma­tion about plan­ning a move to Canada, from orga­niz­ing a research trip to fig­ur­ing out the immi­gra­tion paper­work for liv­ing and work­ing here.

We’ve got tips on the top 10 places to live in Canada (plus more on best loca­tions for new­com­ers).

We can help you learn more about life in Ottawa, Quebec City, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and many other loca­tions.

Help you arrange for health care cov­er­age and learn to nav­i­gate the Canadian health care sys­tem. Hook you up with resources for find­ing a job, a place to live, or schools for the kids.

We’ve even got sug­ges­tions for the best places to retire in Canada.

And we’ve got dozens of arti­cles about Canadian cul­ture and daily life to help you get acquainted with Canada or help you adjust once you’ve arrived.

Moving to Canada in 2011? Happy New Year — and welcome!

Champagne photo by e_​calamar (flickr)

9 Comments »

• Francesco says:

hello every­one,
    how are you?
    I need a very good help to move to Canada.
    I been there in 2008 2009 with work-​​holiday visa which expired after 6 months.
    I really want to move there and work like I did when I was there.
    Here in Italy is so hard to get a job and a good one, so I would like to go where there is mer­i­toc­racy and peo­ple appre­ci­ate how I work and how I am…CANADA
    I am a good worker and very hon­est guy.
    I really don’t want come there and find the short­cut to stay, so please HELP ME!
    I love Canada and cana­dian peo­ple, so, if some­body could help me, send me a mes­sage.
    Also could to be nice if some­body knows immi­gra­tion con­sul­tants.

• AA (Managing Director, Living Abroad in Canada) says:

Francesco, thank you for using Living Abroad in Canada’s Immigration and Relocation Referral Service. As a result of your inquiry, we’ve intro­duced you to a cer­ti­fied immi­gra­tion con­sul­tant who can help you with the paperwork.

• Anna says:

Ciao Francesco,

I am an immi­gra­tion lawyer with 10 years of expe­ri­ence in Canadian work per­mits. Did you have a job while you were in Canada? Ideally, you should have had the employer you were work­ing for apply for a Labour Market Opinion on your behalf. This would allow you to have obtained a new Work Permit for an ini­tial 2 – 3 year period, with­out hav­ing had to leave Canada.

Even though you have moved back to Italy, there is still a chance for you to apply for this type of Work Permit, par­tic­u­larly if it’s with a job with your pre­vi­ous Canadian employer.

If this is not a viable option, there are still other options for you. It would help if you could pro­vide me with 1) a copy of your resume, show­ing both your edu­ca­tion and work expe­ri­ence; 2) which province you would like to live in; and 3) whether you are flu­ent in English, French or both.

Ciao e a presto!

Anna

[email protected]

• abdulaziz says:

hi
    please help me to work in canada any salary any city„

• AA (Managing Director, Living Abroad in Canada) says:

I’m happy to report that Living Abroad in Canada has recently launched an Immigration and Relocation Referral Service.

The Immigration and Relocation Referral Service is for peo­ple con­sid­er­ing, plan­ning, and embark­ing on their jour­ney to Canada and set­tling into their new com­mu­nity. Living Abroad in Canada can con­nect you with providers of ser­vices to help you along your way.

Visit the Immigration and Relocation Referral Service page to learn more about this service.

• ashish mishra says:

help me

• ange says:

I am a cana­dian, but I’m hav­ing a hard time get­ting fair and unbi­ased opin­ions from other about which provinces are in good shape.

I want to know just how “bad” it is right now. I am being told things, but it seems a bit over-​​exaggerated some­times, and I don’t know who to believe. I came from BC orig­i­nally, but i want to go back — I wasnt liv­ing on my own before, so now, the big ques­tions like health/​medical, jobs and liv­ing are a more impor­tant mat­ter to me…before, I was cov­ered in fam­ily health and such, and things got supported.…but now, like I said, it is going to be dif­fer­ent than before.….….…and I have a full­time job where I am right now, so, I want to know just what are the risks…and if any­one can answer them with some­thing that isn’t bit­ter, I’d appre­ci­ate it.
    Thanks!

• Brian says:

Its only as bad as you make it. Trying to have only one career path is a huge mis­take. The days of work­ing for one com­pany for­ever and retir­ing are long over and will never return. Its up to you to have the skills that are mar­ketable at any given time. People are look­ing for peo­ple to do things for them. Get really good at a few and you are set for life.

• Tweets that mention Moving to Canada in 2011? | Living Abroad in Canada -- Topsy.com says:

[…] This post was men­tioned on Twitter by Carolyn B. Heller, Carolyn B. Heller. Carolyn B. Heller said: Is “Move to Canada” one of your New Year’s res­o­lu­tions? Lots of resources for would-​​be Canadians: http://​bit​.ly/​h​S​e​Nic #expat #canada […]