Culture

All about Canadian cul­ture, from peo­ple and lan­guage to food, drink, books, music, and film

Daily Life

From health care and edu­ca­tion, to local eat­ing and shop­ping, to fes­ti­vals and things to do, get the scoop on life in Canada

Housing, Jobs, & Money

Finding a home, work­ing, sav­ing, and invest­ing in Canada – here’s how

Immigration

What you need to know to live in, work in, or immi­grate to Canada. Citizenship infor­ma­tion, too.

Travel

Travel ideas and tips for vis­it­ing, tour­ing, and decid­ing where to live in Canada.

Home » Immigration

Moving to Canada in 2011?

Submitted by on January 3, 2011 – 9:57 am9 Comments

Moving to CanadaWhat’s on your list of New Year’s res­o­lu­tions this year?

Is “Move to Canada” at the top of your list?

If you’ve been think­ing about relo­cat­ing to Canada, you’ve come to the right place.

We’ve got infor­ma­tion about plan­ning a move to Canada, from orga­niz­ing a research trip to fig­ur­ing out the immi­gra­tion paper­work for liv­ing and work­ing here.

We’ve got tips on the top 10 places to live in Canada (plus more on best loca­tions for new­com­ers).

We can help you learn more about life in Ottawa, Quebec City, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, and many oth­er loca­tions.

Help you arrange for health care cov­er­age and learn to nav­i­gate the Canadian health care sys­tem. Hook you up with resources for find­ing a job, a place to live, or schools for the kids.

We’ve even got sug­ges­tions for the best places to retire in Canada.

And we’ve got dozens of arti­cles about Canadian cul­ture and dai­ly life to help you get acquaint­ed with Canada or help you adjust once you’ve arrived.

Moving to Canada in 2011? Happy New Year — and wel­come!

Champagne pho­to by e_​calamar (flickr)

9 Comments »

• Francesco says:

hel­lo every­one,
    how are you?
    I need a very good help to move to Canada.
    I been there in 2008 2009 with work-hol­i­day visa which expired after 6 months.
    I real­ly want to move there and work like I did when I was there.
    Here in Italy is so hard to get a job and a good one, so I would like to go where there is mer­i­toc­ra­cy and peo­ple appre­ci­ate how I work and how I am…CANADA
    I am a good work­er and very hon­est guy.
    I real­ly don’t want come there and find the short­cut to stay, so please HELP ME!
    I love Canada and cana­di­an peo­ple, so, if some­body could help me, send me a mes­sage.
    Also could to be nice if some­body knows immi­gra­tion con­sul­tants.

• AA (Managing Director, Living Abroad in Canada) says:

Francesco, thank you for using Living Abroad in Canada’s Immigration and Relocation Referral Service. As a result of your inquiry, we’ve intro­duced you to a cer­ti­fied immi­gra­tion con­sul­tant who can help you with the paper­work.

• Anna says:

Ciao Francesco,

I am an immi­gra­tion lawyer with 10 years of expe­ri­ence in Canadian work per­mits. Did you have a job while you were in Canada? Ideally, you should have had the employ­er you were work­ing for apply for a Labour Market Opinion on your behalf. This would allow you to have obtained a new Work Permit for an ini­tial 2 – 3 year peri­od, with­out hav­ing had to leave Canada.

Even though you have moved back to Italy, there is still a chance for you to apply for this type of Work Permit, par­tic­u­lar­ly if it’s with a job with your pre­vi­ous Canadian employ­er.

If this is not a viable option, there are still oth­er options for you. It would help if you could pro­vide me with 1) a copy of your resume, show­ing both your edu­ca­tion and work expe­ri­ence; 2) which province you would like to live in; and 3) whether you are flu­ent in English, French or both.

Ciao e a presto!

Anna

[email protected]

• abdulaziz says:

hi
    please help me to work in cana­da any salary any city„

• AA (Managing Director, Living Abroad in Canada) says:

I’m hap­py to report that Living Abroad in Canada has recent­ly launched an Immigration and Relocation Referral Service.

The Immigration and Relocation Referral Service is for peo­ple con­sid­er­ing, plan­ning, and embark­ing on their jour­ney to Canada and set­tling into their new com­mu­ni­ty. Living Abroad in Canada can con­nect you with providers of ser­vices to help you along your way.

Visit the Immigration and Relocation Referral Service page to learn more about this ser­vice.

• ashish mishra says:

help me

• ange says:

I am a cana­di­an, but I’m hav­ing a hard time get­ting fair and unbi­ased opin­ions from oth­er about which provinces are in good shape.

I want to know just how “bad” it is right now. I am being told things, but it seems a bit over-exag­ger­at­ed some­times, and I don’t know who to believe. I came from BC orig­i­nal­ly, but i want to go back — I was­nt liv­ing on my own before, so now, the big ques­tions like health/​medical, jobs and liv­ing are a more impor­tant mat­ter to me…before, I was cov­ered in fam­i­ly health and such, and things got supported.…but now, like I said, it is going to be dif­fer­ent than before.….….…and I have a full­time job where I am right now, so, I want to know just what are the risks…and if any­one can answer them with some­thing that isn’t bit­ter, I’d appre­ci­ate it.
    Thanks!

• Brian says:

Its only as bad as you make it. Trying to have only one career path is a huge mis­take. The days of work­ing for one com­pa­ny for­ev­er and retir­ing are long over and will nev­er return. Its up to you to have the skills that are mar­ketable at any giv­en time. People are look­ing for peo­ple to do things for them. Get real­ly good at a few and you are set for life.

• Tweets that mention Moving to Canada in 2011? | Living Abroad in Canada -- Topsy.com says:

[…] This post was men­tioned on Twitter by Carolyn B. Heller, Carolyn B. Heller. Carolyn B. Heller said: Is “Move to Canada” one of your New Year’s res­o­lu­tions? Lots of resources for would-be Canadians: http://​bit​.ly/​h​S​e​Nic #expat #cana­da […]