Inicio » Papeleo 101

Papeleo 101

Photo ©Alan Albert

Así que you’ve deci­ded to move to Cana­da. Congra­tu­la­tions! You’re joi­ning más 250,000 others who immi­grate to Cana­da cada año. Ahora es el momento de hacerse cargo de los trámites.

You can’t just pick up and head across the bor­der, at least if you plan to work or go to school or stay for more than an exten­ded vaca­tion. Usted necesita per­mis­sion from the Cana­dian govern­ment.

How do you get that per­mis­sion? ¿Cómo averiguar el best way to immi­grate to Cana­da–the way with the grea­test chance of success–for you and your family?

The fac­tors to consi­der are:

  • Will you be coming to Cana­da for más o menos de seis meses ?
  • ¿Tiene usted un oferta de empleo or poten­tial employ­ment in Canada?
  • Are you coming to Cana­da to go to school or uni­ver­si­ty ?
  • Are you plan­ning to retirarse a Canadá?
  • Do you want to move to Cana­da per­ma­nent­ly or for at least seve­ral years ?

Get com­for­table, because even when you’ve defi­ned your rea­sons for coming to Cana­da, the paper­work pro­cess is rather leng­thy, and you need to unders­tand the various immi­gra­tion options. Read on for more infor­ma­tion about the docu­ments you need to visit Cana­da, work in Cana­da, o stu­dy in Cana­da, o apply for Cana­dian per­ma­nent resident sta­tus.

â € “Extracto (en parte,) del libro, Vivir en el extranjero en Canadá. Para leer más, comprar el libro.

Pho­to ©Alan Albert