Home » Diventare un canadese residente permanente

Diventare un canadese residente permanente

Photo ©Carolyn B. Heller

Have you deci­ded to set­tle in Cana­da per­ma­nent­ly o per an exten­ded time ? Do you want to come to Cana­da prima di avere un posto di lavoro allineati? Are you plan­ning to launch a busi­ness in Cana­da? Are you alrea­dy living in Cana­da with a work per­mit but you want to remain in the coun­try indefinitely?

Then you should apply to become a Cana­dian per­ma­nent resident.

Once you become a Cana­dian per­ma­nent resident, essa doesn’t mean that you must live in Cana­da per­ma­nent­ly. Tuttavia, to main­tain your resident sta­tus, you have to live in Cana­da for at least two of eve­ry five years.

Cana­da has a “point sys­tem” for eva­lua­ting per­ma­nent resi­dence appli­ca­tions. You must have a mini­mum num­ber of points for your appli­ca­tion to be consi­de­red, e più punti si sono, the more like­ly that your appli­ca­tion will get the green light. È possibile ottenere punti per la vostra edu­ca­tion, the type and dura­tion of your work expe­rience, la tua fluen­cy in English e / o francese, la tua età (si ottiene il maggior numero di punti se si è sopra 21 ma sotto 50), and whe­ther you alrea­dy have a job or poten­tial job in Canada.

Se avete una spouse or com­mon-law part­ner, si ottiene addi­tio­nal points for his/her edu­ca­tion and work expe­rience. Di fatto, you can decide whe­ther you or your spouse/partner should be the “principal appli­can­t” based on which one of you would have the grea­ter num­ber of points. The Citi­zen­ship and Immi­gra­tion Cana­da web­site includes a cal­cu­la­tor that can help esti­mate the num­ber of points you and your spouse/partner would have.

Read more about the pro­cess of beco­ming a Cana­dian per­ma­nent resident sul Citi­zen­ship and Immi­gra­tion Cana­da web­site.

– Excerp­ted from the book, Living Abroad in Cana­da. Per saperne di più, acquistare il libro.

Pho­to ©Carolyn B. Heller